Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Long Day's Journey Into Yum

Recently, I soaked some black beans in water overnight, then piled them into a crock pot with a jar of salsa and some water. Let 'em slow-cook (on low) all day. Then, after they'd been in the refrigerator overnight, there was a certain creaminess around the beans that finely capture the spiciness of the salsa.

MMMmmmmm.

I reheated the beans, plopped dollops of them on tortilla chips, sprinkled with cheese, and slid them in the oven for a few minutes.* Once out of the oven, I've included a bit of sour cream and made many nacho meals out of this. They lasted a long time, and I was sad to see my supply get low. 







_______________________
*Perhaps not the most photogenic foodstuff, but righteously tasty. Feel the tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment